March 9, 2012

Usb connection Wifi Antenna Works Well and Saved My Sanity While Camping in the Outlands

A concentrate of years ago, we spent the summer on the ocean front in Oregon. Gorgeous area and we loved it. However, the camp ground (yes, we love to camp!) at which we were staying had a dismal Wifi signal. I was not a happy camper. However, the handy Usb Wifi antenna, which we had bought to have in case of an emergency, worked to perfection.

This little thing, smaller than the Bic lighters that we keep to light candles if needed, worked wonders with the signal. It has a Usb connection and looks like a flash drive, silver and as I said...works great. It can plug directly into the laptop or an postponement cable that is also a Usb wire so you can hang the antenna in the window. Since the Usb cable is relatively short, it is a little bothersome to be tethered, but in case you don't know, I do not like restrictions.

However, this short tethered I did not mind as I was tied to the computer for a certain estimate of hours during the day, or in my case, at night. during the day, we hiked or fished in the ocean or climbed the hills colse to the camp grounds. But at night, the lights went down and the computer came alive with the international phone calls and the email flying back and forth straight through the ether. I would not have survived without that small lighter shaped connection with the greater world.




There are many dissimilar brands of Usb Wifi antennas and the price range is discrete as are the capabilities. Being in a place or situation that you cannot achieve and claim a solid internet connection, makes it impossible to do business, no matter what your business is.

In my case that summer, along with a flaky internet connection, cellular phone assistance was out of the question, the usb antenna solved both of my communication problems. Since I was now able to gain a inexpensive signal, I was able to use my Skype connection to carry on phone conversation colse to the world.

I will say this about the Netgear Usb Wifi antenna that we used, whenever I have used it, or loaned it to someone else that needed to download a document or file, I have never had any problems with it. Not only that, but it has worked in some of the most difficult of situations. So much so, that I now carry one with me no matter where I go; if my computer goes...so does the Netgear Usb Wifi antenna.

Usb connection Wifi Antenna Works Well and Saved My Sanity While Camping in the Outlands

Wireless USB Adapter Antenna